Getting Updates on Ganymede
You can use the Eclipse update manager to discover and download all updates for the COM Plug-in for Eclipse. The update manager can also be configured to schedule periodical automatic updates.
The instructions below are for updating the COM Plugin on Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede). For instructions on updating using Eclipse 3.3 (Europa) click here.
Using the update manager is easy, just follow these steps
- Select "Help » Software Updates..." menu option
- The "Software Updates and Add-ons" dialog appears. Make sure that the
"Installed Software" tab is selected and that the COM Plug-in for Eclipse
- Click the "Update" button and Eclipse will search for updates. If a new version of the COM Plug-in is available it will appear in the list along with the possibility of other plug-ins that require updating.
- Make sure the COM Plug-in for Eclipse checked and then click the "Finish" button.
- Eclipse will perform the download and update of the COM Plug-in
- Lastly you will be prompted to restart Eclipse. It is recommended that you click
"Yes" and do the restart. The plug-in will not operate correctly if use the "Apply Changes"
- That's it! The COM Plug-in should now be updated and ready to go.